Need help navigating through the home buying and selling process? Check out these tips for finding the right REALTOR for you.
Tips for Hiring a REALTOR
When it’s time to decide on which REALTOR is right for the transaction, ask some of these key questions. Judge the REALTOR based on their preparedness and willingness to respond quickly to your demands. From time to time, quiz them on your needs as a buyer or seller. Make sure everyone stays on the same page.
- How long have they been in the real estate business?
- What is their average list-to-sales price ratio?
- What type of marketing strategy do they suggest or typically execute?
- What references can they provide?
- Request sample purchase and listing agreements. If they are not readily provided, reconsider.
- What are their typical agent fees?
- Ask for recommendations for lending companies, insurance companies, appraisers and other outside contractors.
- If you feel confident in their answers, hire them and begin the process of buying or selling your home.